Return to WebSite

RETURN TO THE MICROBUDGET WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE

Friday 17 February 2017

My Tool Box

I recently read a post about your 'onboard tool set' and it got me thinking about mine and perhaps how badly equipped it is.

The ability of my tool box is limited!
My Tool box is a 18" long and 8" wide. It sits in the rear quarter locker. It used to contain a comprehensive set of tools such as spanners, screwdrivers, bungs etc. But over the years it has been neglected and in general is always cursed when I go to it and find the tool I desire is not to be found. The tool is usually then found, much later, in the most random of places such as under the 1/4 berth, in the first aid kit or even in the boot of the car!


My Tool box used to contain a set of metric spanners, varying size screwdrivers, pliers, adjustable spanner, electrical screwdriver, spare fuses, a hammer, Stanley knife, duck tape, 1" screws, 2" and 4" bolts and nuts, various bungs, spare spark plug for the outboard, wd40, insulation tape and a hand drills with drill bits, a small wood saw and hack saw.

But now when I go to look it contains...
  • 2 spanners, 5mm and 14mm
  • 3 blunt screw drivers, no position drives
  • Adjustable spanner
  • Hammer
  • An empty can of wd40
  • A pack of plasters
  • 7 dead batteries, mainly AA
  • Bottle opener 
  • bung set (never used)
  • Bits of string
  • Shopping recipients

A very sorry set indeed, but the bigger question is, where did all my old tools go? I can only surmise.

I turned the contents out (kept the bottle opener obviously, oh and the bung set) dusted the tool box down and with a spring in my step and $100 in my pocket, I ventured to my local hardware store.

The tool box is back in shape my only concern is could I rig a make shift rudder if I had to. Well I have the tools now and with my trusty live aboard books could muster something up I'm sure.

Now go check your tool box! See what you do and don't have and get it sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment