Return to WebSite

RETURN TO THE MICROBUDGET WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE

Saturday 30 August 2014

£25 depth sounder!?

Inspired by the beautifully simple Navigation setup on the Europa 19 on my previous blog, I started to think about what I would need for a similar set-up.


£25 sounder / fish finder
I already have a basic Hand held GPS and a Iris 100 (as well as a 50) so just needed to sort out a hand held VHF (see previous post) and so I was a little unsure as to a sounder.

After a trawl over the usual sites I had a quick skim over ebay where I found a portable hand held sounder (Lucky Fish finder!?) which had a cable (7.5m) attached transducer, allegedly good for up to 100m. At £25 I was wondering if anyone else ever used one as a sounder rather than a fish finder?

No comments:

Post a Comment